Indoor areas — including office spaces
- All indoor areas such as entrance lobbies, corridors and staircases, escalators, elevators,security guard booths, office rooms, meeting rooms, cafeteria should be mopped with a disinfectant with 1% sodium hypochlorite
- High contact surfaces such elevator buttons, handrails / handles and call buttons,escalator handrails, public counters, intercom systems, equipment like telephone,printers/scanners, and other office machines should be cleaned twice daily by mopping with a linen/absorbable cloth soaked in 1% sodium hypochlorite.
- Frequently touched areas like table tops, chair handles, pens, diary files, keyboards, mouse, mouse pad, tea/coffee dispensing machines etc. should specially be cleaned.
- Not Suitable for metallic surfaces like door handles, security locks, keys etc. 70% alcohol can be used to wipe down surfaces where the use of bleach is not suitable.
- In a meeting/conference/office room, if someone is coughing, without following respiratory etiquettes or mask, the areas around his/her seat should be vacated and cleaned with 1% sodium hypochlorite.
- Outdoor areas– Outdoor areas have less risk then indoor areas due to air currents and exposure to sunlight. These include bus stops, railway platforms, parks, roads, etc. Cleaning and disinfection efforts should be targeted to frequently touched/contaminated surfaces as already detailed above.
This bleach can also be very effective at cleaning and disinfecting household surfaces, toilets and drains, floor and kitchen surfaces. It can be used either neat or diluted, and is excellent for removing tough stains from white textiles and other materials.